We are so excited to offer two subscription options for our customers! >>1. CLUB/BBTee: Native American T-Shirt of the Month Club:
- A new unreleased exclusive tee each month by a different Native American designer
- Size options XS-4XL, unisex tees
- Explore Native American cultures through info cards about the artists and designs
- $28/month, free US shipping, worldwide shipping, cancel anytime.
Join now to get the "Ceci nest pas un conciliateur" tee by Dustin Martin.
This tee was featured in the Native Fashion Now exhibit (www.pem.org/exhibitions/native-fashion-now), and due to the numerous requests to bring this design back, we are launching a new limited edition color way for this tee in blue.
This tee features an image of a pistol and reads "Ceci n'est pas un conciliateur," which translates to mean, "This is not a peacemaker."
The 'New Model Army Metallic Cartridge Revolving Pistol' was adopted as the standard military service revolver from 1873-1892.
Nicknamed the "Peacemaker," Samuel Colt's revolutionary side arm was used by Colonel George Armstrong Custer's 7th Cavalry during The Great Sioux War of 1876.
Custer and 267 of his men were killed when they engaged a combined force of Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho warriors desperate to protect their families camped along the Little Bighorn River on June 25th. Led by the likes of Crazy Horse and Chief Gall, these sovereign original land owners understood that the implement on Custer's hip meant anything but peace.
We know that now is a perfect time to rekindle this discussion on "peacemakers."
2. Native American Jewelry of the Month Club:
- Exclusive Styles, up to $70 value per month, free US shipping.
- Handpicked earrings, bracelets, necklaces and jewelry sets to keep or give.
- Learn and share about Native American cultures through info cards about the designs, materials, and meanings.
- $27/month, cancel anytime.
This month we celebrate a special berry, the strawberry. The Ojibwe name, Ode'imin, can be broken down into two parts: Ode' which refers to heart, and -min which refers to something small and globular, often a berry. The delicious and nutritious strawberry is our precious heart berry.
As an indigenous plant to this region it is beautiful and resilient.
This bracelet features the four sacred colors (yellow gold, red suede leather, shimmering black, and a luster white). These colors represent the medicine wheel, the four cardinal directions, the stages of life, the seasons, the times of the day, the four main elements, and much more nuanced information that is critical to maintaining a sense of wellbeing for ourselves, our families, our communities, our Nations, our Mother Earth, and our Universe.
NOTE: We are experiencing slight delays in shipping - all June boxes will be shipped by mid-July, and all July boxes will ship in the third week of July. August boxes are on schedule. Thank you!